Our Mission Statement
Amid the COVID-19 health crisis, we want you to know that the health and safety of our new and returning patients are of utmost importance to us. We have taken many precautionary measures to keep you healthy and safe during your visit.
Thank you for your loyalty, devotion to our mission, and entrusting us with your ophthalmic care. As you know, our physicians and staff at the University of Louisville Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences share a steadfast commitment to caring for you, your family members, and friends.
- Compassionate Delivery of Patient-Centered Care for All
- Excellence in new and traditional treatment
- Exploration of new frontiers in vision science research and treatment
- Cutting edge training of our next generation of eye care professionals.
Continue to strive to remain the provider of choice and the leader in patient experience, clinical outcomes and team member satisfaction throughout our Kentuckiana community.
Our Core Values:
- Compassionate, Patient-Centered Care for All – We put the needs of our patients first, in a caring, supportive environment. We extend this commitment to our entire Kentuckiana community, regardless of race, ethnicity, nationality, gender, socio-economic status, sexual orientation or religion.
- Quality – We address our patient’s needs with evidence-based practices that achieve quality treatment outcomes.
- Knowledge – We advance research, education and training through our vision science research program and our residency and fellowship training programs.
- Respect – We treat all of those we serve with dignity and respect, adhering to the highest moral and ethical standards.
- Teamwork – We create a collaborative environment, built on integrity and trust, among our faculty, staff and trainees.
- Accountability – We demonstrate personal responsibility in patient care and research.
- Diversity – We foster and sustain an environment of inclusiveness among our faculty, staff and trainees without fear of prejudice or bias. We extend this inclusivity in our patient care and continue to sustain and build an exemplary community that respects the spectrum of human diversity.