Hossein Asghari, MD
Hossein Asghari, MD
Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology
Director of Cornea Fellowship Program
Director of Kentucky Lions Eye Bank
Corneal Disorders, Sophisticated Corneal Surgeries including Full Thickness and Partial-Thickness Corneal Transplants (PKP, DSAEK, DALK), Complicated Cataract Surgeries, Anterior Segment Reconstruction, Refractive Laser Surgeries
301 E. Muhammad Ali Boulevard, Louisville KY 40202
Telephone: 502-588-0551 Fax: 502-852-3811
Iran University of Medical sciences, Tehran, Iran
Farabi Eye Hospital, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Fellowship in cornea and anterior segment surgery: Farabi Eye Hospital, Tehran University of Medical Sciences, Tehran, Iran
Fellowship in Cornea and External Disease: Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, University of Louisville
Iranian Board of Ophthalmology
Patrick R O’Connor Faculty Teaching Award 2015
CLINICAL / RESEARCH INTERESTS:
My main clinical attention is medical and surgical treatment of different corneal and anterior segment diseases. I am experienced in differentiating these diseases, and then designing a treatment plan to slow down or stop the disease progress and preserve as much vision as possible.
-I am interested and experienced in treating complicated anterior segment disease including corneal ulcers as well as traumatic distortion of anterior segment
-I am interested and experienced in various types sophisticated anterior segment surgeries including corneal transplants for different kind of corneal disorders, pupilloplasty and anterior segment reconstruction
-I teach medical students, ophthalmology residents, and cornea fellows.
- Piri N, Asghari H, Kaplan HJ. Fuch’s Heterochromic Iridocyclitis in Iran: Is the Disease Going to Fade Away? J Ophthalmic Vis Res 2015; 10 (3): 353-354.
- Hashemi H, Asghari, H, et al. Descemet stripping automated endothelial keratoplasty performed by cornea fellows. Cornea. 2012 Sep; 31(9):974-7. PMID: 22677641
- Alipour F, Hashemi H, Piri N, Asghari H. Ocular manifestations of transconjunctival heroin abuse: a case report of an unusual route of substance abuse. Cornea. 2010 Jan; 29(1):110-2. PMID: 19907305
- Riazi-Esfahani M, Asghari H, Piri N. Advanced proliferative diabetic retinopathy in four young patients with flexion contractures (Rosenbloom syndrome). Int Ophthalmol. 2009 Aug; 29(4):261-5. PMID: 18398578
- Siatiri H, Beheshtnezhad AH, Asghari H, et al. Intracameral tissue plasminogen activator to prevent severe fibrinous effusion after congenital cataract surgery. Br J Ophthalmol. 2005 Nov; 89(11):1458-61.PMID: 16234453